Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chick Chick Hooray: A Sunday Downpour

For those who are living in one of the areas experiencing a summer heat wave, please share! I'm sure you would if you could, but our Portland Sunday was a total washout. And by washout I mean there was a five hour solid downpour over my backyard where seven of the silliest urban chickens ever just happen to reside. And boy were they mad. And boy did it a mean a bad hair day for one little Co Co chicken...
I raised four of the girls in a little brooder in my studio and before my Co Co was a wild yard bird, she looked like this...
I have a strong suspicion that our sopping wet currant bush has something to do with her new hair style...
I mean, any one of us would look a bit crazed after repeatedly leaping into a dripping bush to reach the ripe berries in the high branches.
After watching her run into a rock, our fire pit and several of her sisters, I decided to Google search what to do with a Houdan's head feathers. Top recommendation: Give them a bath, blow dry their feathers and tie them up. Seriously?

There are no photos of what happened next because it takes four hands to give a chicken head a bath, but the end result is Co Co with a chicken mohawk. We made sure to wrap up her feathers with a clear band so as not to obstruct her natural beauty...
And, so her sisters don't get jealous, here are some updated pics of the rest of the girls. Notice how no one else seems to be overly dirty, wet or mohawked... 


For more on our Urban Chicks, read the Chick Chick Hooray Series here.



Much (Petal) Love,

Brianne
PetalPetal and VintageChild:Modern







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...